Monday, September 19, 2011

Post 45: Mon(Day off)

Fellow Adventurers,

This 3 day weekend has been refreshing and was much needed. I decided against getting the vaccine this week, it can wait for my next day off. I spent the day figuring out our money and working on some of the route.

This week we will:
  • Buy a camera
  • Buy the netbook
  • Book Caracas to Puerto Ordaz round trip tickets (Nov. 13th/14th to 18th/19th)
  • Book Caracas to Cartagena one way tickets (Nov. 19th at the latest)
  • Book lodging for Cartagena for 19th to 23rd
We have settled on the fact that we will just have to bear the cost of making the flight between Caracas and Cartegena. In the end, it will save considerable time and hassle, and furthermore, we will not have to leave the airport in Caracas at all between our time in Canaima and Cartagena. 

I have a few more people coming to look at the room tonight and June seems to have made significant progress with hers as well. She may end up living with me for the month of October after all, if she can get someone to sign on in the next week or two. I hope that is the case, for her sake. It might be a little cramped in my room for the month, but the sacrifice would be well worth it.

The odds are looking in our favor at this point, and besides the little scare at work last week, things have been progressing smoothly.


more soon..

G

2 comments:

Gab said...

Your countdown clock....makes me nervous and excited for you guys all at the same time.

The Gardehlers said...

Gabs...I am glad you share in our nervousness and excitement...getting down to the wire now!