Thursday, September 8, 2011

Post 39: Two one way tickets please - Flights booked!


Fellow Adventurers,

The day has finally come to cement our plans and buy our tickets. We decided to depart Philadelphia on Sunday the 6th, following my last day of work on Friday, which will give us some time over the weekend to say our goodbyes to friends and family here in Philadelphia. I had a minor hiccup when it came to the names on our tickets, but I quickly resolved that with a call to Southwest and they were able to clear it up for me.

As for our flight to Caracas, we discussed for a good 30 minutes about the pros and cons of different arrival times in Caracas, and even if we should visit Venezuela at all. Angel Falls is top of the list for June, so our decision was an easy one. Hitting the "accept" button put me at an ease I have not felt in many months. We embraced for what seemed like minutes after our tickets had been confirmed in the same way we have 4 times before over the course of the last few years, our love really is bound by the road.

We will be departing a day later than we had originally planned, leaving Miami at 7:54am, arriving in Caracas around 3pm, after a short layover in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Though we have not decided on, nor made plans for our route to Cuidad Bolivar, I thought it best that we arrive in Caracas during a slower time which would leave us more options as far as planning that route goes. With this change in plans, we will be able to spend a little more time with Derek and Steph in Miami, which will be nice. I will have to readjust our schedule a little, but it shouldnt be a problem at all.


November 6th: Philadelphia to Orlando @ 19:35

November 13th: Miami, USA to San Jose, Costa Rica @ 7:54
- San Jose, Costa Rica to Caracas, Venezuela @ 10:20 / arriving around 14:45

(next day update) - My hearing aide finally arrived after some shipping difficulties with USP(o)S , and it is honestly better than I would have ever expected, which is a major relief to me. Thank you Amazon.com and MDHearing Aid, you saved my ass from having to fork over thousands to audiologist and insurance companies, I am forever grateful and plan to buy a second as soon as possible.

With our tickets bought and this minor fiasco of being able to hear out of the way, all we have to do now is wait, save as much as possible, and finalize our rooms before our November 6th departure, which is now less than 2 months away!

Now the real fun begins. More soon!

G+J

No comments: