Monday, September 5, 2011

Post 36: Tickets this week.

Fellow adventurers,

We are nearing the 2 months til departure point, and over the weekend we had some time to discuss our situation. A mutually conclusion was made to purchase our Philly to Orlando / Miami to Caracas tickets this upcoming Thursday. Though we have yet to figure out some financial and planning aspect of the trip, we figure worse case scenario is that we may run low on money and may have to shorten the trip to a minor degree, or cut back on some parts of it. Either way, we are going. I have a belief that we will not end up in that situation and will be able to come home with more money than expected, but as I say often, better safe than sorry. In Peru, I brought less money than expected and came home with more than $100 to spare.

I am sure Thursday will be one of many eventful moments over the next few months. I have taken Sept. 19th off and plan to get my Yellow Fever vaccination at Penn Medical out of the way then. I will rest my wounds watching Star Wars on bluray and take a little breather before what will no doubt be a very long and tiring October, full of last minute planning and preparation, and 2 week notices!

Another note, I have decided to opt out of bringing my netbook, as it is too heavy and too valueable to myself to lose. The plan as of now is to buy a cheap 8'' or smaller netbook that has at minimum a webcam and USB accessibility. The only real functionality needed is internet capability and access to my portable hard drive. A webcam would be great as it would allow me to talk to people back home. I plan to back up all my current files onto my computer and bring the drive empty, so I can fill it with content from the trip, pictures, videos, etc.

Back to work tomorrow for what will be a short week, updates to come soon.

$10000 down
$6000 to go.

65 days!

G