Friday, October 21, 2011

Post 54: Retirement


Fellow adventurers,

Nerves aside, all went well today. It looks as though I will be able to fulfill my time there, and they even left open the option of contacting them when I return, to possibly return to my soon to be old position. Oddly enough, my coworker George announced to my boss a mere few hours earlier his intent to possibly leave in the near future, for health reasons. My boss seemed surprised, but was very understanding, which put me at ease. I spoke to our site boss also, the man who originally hired me on, and thanked him for the opportunity he had given me. Though I grew tired of my time there, I will genuinely miss some of the people I met in my time there.

We booked Christmas Eve and Christmas nights at one of the nicest spots in La Paz, The Radisson, to have a little luxury for the holidays. This extends our time in the city a little, but we should still make it to Santiago in plenty of time for Gabby and Johns arrival. I am also in the process of booking our bus out of Bariloche to El Calafate, and our transport to and from Torres Del Paine from there, all in a package which includes an ice trek on Perito Moreno Glacier, and a night in El Chalten on the journey. Less all together than a direct flight from Bariloche to El Calafate.

June and I received our new trekking sandals in the mail, and though I was not very enthused with them at first, I think I am in love now. They are light, rugged, waterproof, very breathable and are very comfortable with socks. Screw boots, I am going the whole way with these things.

Gavin

No comments: