Thursday, October 6, 2011

Post 50: Fiftieth entry at the one month mark.

Fellow adventurers,

Just a quick update to mention a few milestones we have reached today. It is hard to believe that this is the fiftieth post on the blog, and that we are only a mere month away from our departure to sunny Central Florida for the beginning of the adventure. Autumn has arrived with a bit of a wintry chill this week, so getting closer to the equator is sounding nicer than ever.

Our first week living together has had its ups and down, but I think overall we have adjusted to the situation pretty well. I am certainly glad to be eating better meals, and have enjoyed being able to pour our collective thoughts into planning on a daily basis. The room is just frankly too small for the two of us, and has been the only major drawback.

I took my very last unclaimed half sick day yesterday to get a few more things done around the house. My boss made mention that it was the only time I had left to which my reply was a simply "that's fine". I did manage to finish loading all of my personal items into the basement and did a bit more research regarding Patagonia, but mostly tried to catch up on some much needed rest.

We have finally settled on our plans for Venezuela, and June will be updating very soon to outline the details of all of that.

Happy 50th! Two weeks until the blog goes public to everyone.

G

No comments: