Saturday, October 1, 2011

Post 48: Octubre! - 35 days until we depart.

Fellow adventurers,

It is a hour into October, on a rainy night here in Philadelphia. I am sitting in Junes room, as she packs up the last of her things. She is moving a few things into my tiny room in the morning, for what will be an eventual 6 months of quasi living together, here and away. She is sacrificing the month in her cozy confines to be cramped into my tiny abode. Money is most important at this point, so we are willing to make any and all sacrifices we can. Grocery cost and bills will be reduced also with our combined effort. Thankfully I have awesome roommates who are comfortable with the thought of an extra person in the house, so that will be no problem.

Only three weeks away from putting in the big 2 week notice at work. As it gets closer, my anxiety grows. I do not enjoy the feeling of having to keep my plans to myself, and though I do not enjoy my work environment and look forward to leaving it, I feel a genuine kinship for my coworkers. It certainly doesn't bring me any joy to have to lie to them on a daily basis, especially my boss. I have been putting in a little bit more of an effort to catch up on some projects as not to leave a pile of undone work for them when I leave. I am curious to know what their reactions will be. Will they think that I have been lying to them all year?



I spent last night in Chester enjoying some soccer, and a good win for the home team. It may have been the last game of the season I will be attending, but it bring me joy to think I will be hopefully be seeing the sport in another place.

June and I have been discussing Venezuela extensively in the past week, and have come to many different conclusions on how to cost-efficiently spend our 6 days there. I think by next weekend we will be settled and have something booked. We need to start booking more flight soon as well...

This post is a great example of my mind as of late, all of the place.

we leave NEXT MONTH!

G


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, Gavin. That stuff with the co-workers is tricky. Hopefully they will understand but I don't see really what else you can do. Telling them and your boss outright would just be awkward.

-Derek

The Gardehlers said...

Dhouse,

Nothing I can do, I just dont like being dishonest, it irks me. Only a few more weeks...! Glad you are reading the blog man

The Gardehlers said...

p.s., i saw one of my coworkers making up a resume today, if we both go at the same time, they are really going to be screwed! oh well, nothing i can do about it now