Friday, November 18, 2011

Post 65: Day two in Puerto Colombia

F.A.,


The day was spent at La Playa Grande beach.  I brought along a mango and some cocoa guaripita.  There we rented lounge chairs and took in the cool sea breeze.  Rows of tall palm trees and small coconut trees lined the beach behind us.  The water was a clear aquamarine, with an unforgiving undertow.  My mother was concerned about my safety on the trip, picturing I was going to be kidnapped by a rebel guerrilla army or in a region struck by an earthquake.  I think I have a better chance of being sucked out to sea.


Today was uneventful, but very relaxing.  We wanted to take in the beauty, peace, warm & friendly people, and comfy bedroom before moving on to what lies ahead.  During dinner we met some (surprise!) Americans, from California.  We gave them the remainder of the passion fruit guaripita.  


We are both a little bummed to leaving Choroni, but anticipate what lies ahead.  We've had a very good experience here, and I'm sure we will return in the future.  We've met many very welcoming, sincere, friendly Venezuelans, and the scope of the land is gorgeous.  Gustavo comes to get us in the morning to take us to the airport in Caracas, where we will take a flight to Cartgena, Colombia.

June

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this a a beautiful place. I would be tempted to delay my travels right here!

doug daddio said...

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley