Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Post 34: Packing List and more...

(Jamaica / 2010 / Only 5 days!)


Fellow adventurers,

Time is slipping away faster and faster it seems, but my confidence is only building at this point. Several points on our list have been checked off and money continues to be no issue, so this is only more of an assurance to us. It also makes me, by the second, more anxious to purchase some plane tickets.

I have started to put some thought into the weight of my bad and which items I may need to purchase to alleviate some of that weight. 5 months and many climates will make for a challenge in terms of saving on space in my pack. The more I take, the more I will be troubled, I keep telling myself...

After the break, the items list:

Updated Sept 29th, 2011 - 


G: (need to purchase)

Clothes: 

Tops:
  • 2 t-shirts (generic light color / non black)
  • 1 long sleeved shirt (eagles shirt?)
  • 1 button down shirt (light color)
  • 1 Polo
  • 1 lightweight fleece
  • 2 undershirts

Bottoms:
  • 1 pair of jeans
  • 2 pairs of trousers / pants (non-jean, quick drying, lightweight)
  • 4-6 pair boxer briefs
  • 1 bathing suit

Feet:
  • 6 pairs of moisture wicking socks
  • 1 pair flip flops/sandals

Other:
  • small towel
  • rain suit
  • foldable water bottle
  • baseball hat
  • small medkit
  • nail clippers
  • small toothbrush and mini toothpaste
  • mini soap / combo shamp/cond. 
  • sunblock (spf +10000000)
  • small LED flashlight
  • phone (for wifi use) and charger
  • day bag
  • padlock(s)
  • 5 month supply hearing aid batteries
  • ATM card
  • certificate of all vacs and documents
  • x4 passport and essential document copies
  • iodine / chlorine tablets for water purification
  • Harddrive + USB
  • SD Cards
  • Camera
  • Computer w/ Charger
  • Alarm clock
  • plastic bag to cover camera

tips:
- keep small items in tupperware to avoid crushing and keep secure

No comments: