Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Post 33: Pra mim


Fellow adventurers,

I decided to take the day off, originally I had planned to take tomorrow to buy our first set of plane tickets, but we have decided to postpone that for the time being. We want to take the safe route and buy them when we have established renters for our homes. Better safe than sorry, and hopefully the price will not be much of a differing factor.

In other good news, we officially have a ride to Miami from Orlando on November 12th (which will save us nearly $400!) thanks to my best buddy from back home, Derek, and his misses Steph. I look forward to them joining on the first official leg of our journey...to the airport in Miami, where we will say goodbye to the Soviet States of America for a few good months.

Strides have been made regarding catching up on my budget, and I've already reached my goal for the month of August, with only about $500 left to save within just under 3 months until we leave. Feeling pretty confident I can make up the difference, and maybe even more, which would benefit us of course.

Nothing else to report for now, hopefully soon we will start checking more items of the list. Work is yet to be done before the journey begins.

$8500 saved
$7500ish to go

G

No comments: