Monday, March 7, 2011

Post 9: We start in Cartagena by G

Fellow adventurers,

J and I were a bit delayed in our planning this weekend, but when we finally got around to it, we decided our trip should start in the Caribbean city of Cartagena, in the north of Colombia. Its logical to start here because its furthest north and there are direct flights here from Miami, which means we can avoid the more urban centers like Bogota.

From there, we should be headed via a domestic airline to Pereira, a city which has a name I can not wrap my tongue around. Pereira seems to be a safer alternative to Medellin, which I believe we will be avoiding.

We will be spending a total of 10 or so days in country, and a good mix of scenery  and landscape should be our goal before crossing  the border into Ecuador.

More on our plans for Colombia soon!

I say with excitement that I accomplished two things today, I got rid of more "things" and made more money ($100) to contribute to the pot in the process. The more I do this, the better off.

I have changed my end goal for money to $7,500.00, and though my money has been eaten to on and off, I have been doing really well in keeping it on par with where it should be. I would like to be comfortable after all.

$1145 down on Thursday when I get paid
$6355 to go til Cartagena.

G

No comments: