Thursday, July 28, 2011

Post 23: almost August and the 100 day mark

Fellow adventurers,

July will be over come Monday, and we are nearing the 100 days-until-departure mark and the point of no return. Progress has been made in the defining our interest in certain areas of the trip. We have discussed the possibility of crossing from Uyuni into Argentina at La Quiaca (instead of northern Chile), as well as adding a few more days to our time in Bariloche and Mendoza. Paragliding has also been brought up.

J is traveling to San Francisco next week for a short 5 day reprieve. We will have to start really studying up and preparing after her arrival home. I have definitely been making a shift in my finances and cutting back further on some of my vices to forward the goal. I have sold more media online , as well as forfeited some of my footie tickets to help supplement any loss in my earnings. A loss in fun now is a gain later. I am still projected to be 700 short of my goal of eight thousand, so I need to make sure I make up that money.

3 weeks until we purchase our tickets to Florida and Caracas/Canaima, and thus enter the point of no return. Colombia plans to come very soon!

$8000 saved (approx.)
$8000 to go

G

No comments: